Let me know you were here! Leave a comment. I love feedback!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Family Friendly Recipe Review

I am starting a new part to the blog.... Family Friendly Recipe Review!


I love to try new recipes, I love experimenting and trying new things. Alot of the world in cooking is new to me since i spent the first 4 1/2 years or so of my marriage ordering take out and hitting drive thrus.


So, each week I will try a new recipe and rate it here on the blog. If you have a recipe you would like me to try, please send it to me!





Ok, so for our first week we have this recipe


Country Style BBQ Chicken (found on allrecipes.com posted by WolfWalker)











INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon dry mustard
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

DIRECTIONS
-Mix the onions, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, dry mustard, salt, and pepper in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking dish.
-Arrange chicken in the baking dish. Pour sauce over the chicken.
-Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken juices run clear.



My Review
This is definatly different than the bbq sauce from a bottle. The flavor is more ketchupy, but was very good. My husband and two children ate it up! It was great leftover too. I would recommend that using more chicken (or making less sauce) there was way more sauce than chicken.


Difficulty: Easy
Ages: All
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time (sauce): 15 minutes

Overall it was great! We will be having this again!

No comments: