Let me know you were here! Leave a comment. I love feedback!

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Recipe Review

From my deals the last week, I have alot of pork. I don't normally cook any sort of pork beyond bacon, I'm just typically not a fan. I tried making pork chops a while ago and DH and DD loved it, but the grissel and bone just didn't do it for me. So... I bought boneless pork chops and make them with this recipe!
(this isn't my picture... but mine turned out just like this)



http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Grilled-Brown-Sugar-Pork-Chops/Detail.aspx


INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup apple juice
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
salt and pepper to taste
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 cup water
6 boneless pork chops



DIRECTIONS
Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, apple juice, oil, soy sauce, ginger, salt , and pepper. Bring to boil. Combine water and cornstarch in small bowl, and whisk into brown sugar mixture. Stir until thick.
Brush grate lightly with oil before placing pork chops on the grill. Cook over hot coals for 10 to 12 minutes, turning once. Brush with sauce just before removing chops from grill. Serve with remaining sauce.

My Review:
I actually made this just as the recipe calls for and it was really good! It gave me some hope for incorporating pork into some of my meals. Dh, DD and even DS really liked this. Will definitely having it again!
Time: 30-40 minutes from start to finish
Difficulty: Easy
Ages: All
REBATES
I also got my caregivers marketplace rebate... it was less than I thought it would be but I had some crazy recipets and thought that that might happen! Total was $25.15. I am taking that off of May's budget!
Total OOP for May $66.53

No comments: